YouTube is the internet’s second largest search engine, meaning that advertisers have significant potential when it comes to reaching audiences and driving conversions.
In this post, discover essential YouTube advertising statistics you need to know in 2022.
YouTube Advertising Reach Statistics
- YouTube advertising revenues reached 7.34 Billion USD in Q2 of 2022, a 5% YoY increase. (Statista, 2022)
YouTube ads have the potential reach of 2.56 billion users, or roughly 1 in 3 people on Earth. (Hootsuite, 2022)
- YouTube ads reach more than three quarters of adults aged 18+, and more than 90% of adults in a total of 14 countries. (Hootsuite, 2022)
- YouTube’s biggest advertising audience is males between 25 and 34. (Hootsuite, 2022)
- The cost of YouTube ads can vary and can cost between $0.10 and $0.30. (HubSpot, 2022)
YouTube Advertising Statistics
- Apple Inc. and Disney were the top spending advertisers on YouTube in 2021. (Statista, 2021)
- 63% of people say they bought from a brand after viewing an ad on YouTube. (Think With Google, 2022)
- YouTube ads with strong CTAs have shown to increase the likelihood of short-term sales by 30%. (Think With Google, 2022)
- Audio is the No. 1 lift multiplier for effective YouTube ads. (Think With Google, 2022)
- The attention, branding, connection, direction (ABCD) YouTube ad strategy delivers a 30% lift in short-term sales and a 17% lift in customer lifetime value. (Think With Google, 2022)
- Testing different YouTube ads can lead to greater success, as advertisers who tested different YouTube ads and used the most effective result saw a 60% higher ad recall. (Think With Google, 2021)
- Using YouTube’s native product feed tool to showcase your products alongside your ads can drive on average over 60% more conversions. (Google, 2021)
Ready to start filming?
As shown above, advertising on YouTube has the potential to reach large audiences and drive high ROI. To reap these benefits, create a marketing strategy for the platform and, as they say, lights, camera, action!